Friday, February 21, 2014

Breadboarding.

To start putting my knowledge of circuit design together I began breadboarding my first circuit this week.  Like anything I do for the first time, it usually takes longer than expected.  I think I ha to take my breadboard apart three different times, before I eventually nailed it.  Breadboarding is a way of testing a circuit, before the circuit is etched or soldered together.  In the early days, an actual breadboard or wooden slab was used for this process.



As you can see from the image, circuits are placed on the breadboard, and then are connected to each other in a very specific manner.  A circuit diagram is my instruction manual for this.

I finally completed this yesterday, and today I will be testing it to see if it works.  Fingers Crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment