Thursday, November 13, 2014

METS

Lat Friday our special projects class at SMCC took a trip down to ASU to watch a presentation by the METS department.  METS stands for Motivated Engineering Transfer Students.  They gave us a very in depth look at how to transfer properly as an Engineering student to ASU.  Financial aid, scholarships, and application deadlines were all discussed.  If any of my fellow STEMmers are planning to transfer to Ira Fulton anytime soon, I would definitely suggest going to one of these presentations.

This was especially helpful to me, as I just changed my engineering major to Materials Science Engineering, and had a ton of questions about potential new course requirements.  The METS department put me in contact with an adviser for my new major , which has taken a lot of stress off of my shoulders for this next year.

For my project, my team has been incredibly busy and we will be spending the whole day tomorrow finishing our concentrator.  Pictures will be posted sometime this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment