Thursday, October 9, 2014

Stay tuned...

We have now entered the first week of October and the project encountered a little delay.  All of the parts we ordered were either damaged in shipping or the quality was not what the manufacturer promised.  We made a collective decision to start from scratch and not rely on others for supplies.  This is a realization that I wish happened earlier, but as one of my instructors told me, if you do fail, fail fast.  We hope to make a quick recovery of this and still plan on having a functioning parabolic concentrator by the end of the semester.  I was really hoping that I was going to have pictures to show off but it doesn't look like that will be happening this week.

Today (Friday) we made a trip to my new favorite store in town.  It is called Industrial Metal Supply.  Anything metal they have, or will fabricate for you.  We have parts sourced for the concentrator and construction can finally begin.

So much metal, so little time.




No comments:

Post a Comment