Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Parts ordered and a trip to home depot

Our purchase order was placed this week now we just have to wait for them to show up before this project takes off and starts consuming ALL of my "free time".  Now that we have ordered parts, we are taking a trip to home depot later this week to gather parts so we can start constructing the frame for our parabolic concentrator.  Once that is built the mirror sheeting will be attached to the concentrator frame, and we will begin construction of the steam engine, and hopefully this will be a relatively easy and straight forward process.  Making all of our calculations prior has been a great indicator that this will be a success.  I am not saying there wont be bumps in the road, but I am very optimistic about my project this semester.  In other news my blog has more page views from people in Romania than from my peers in the US.  Gimme some more attention people!!!

Instead of an image this week I have provided a link that will take you to an interactive Parabolic Concentrator that Wolfram has provided.  Certain to be a geeky time waster for most of you!

Wolfram Interactive Parabolic Concentrator

No comments:

Post a Comment